Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Justin Bieber: ‘My mom always told me that Santa didn’t exist’



Justin Bieber has confessed that his mother did not allow him to believe in Santa Claus as a child. The ‘Mistletoe’ singer revealed thathis mother always told him that Santa didn’t exist to ensure that he would believe in God when she shared her faith with him.However, he insisted that he did not dissuade his friends from having fun during the Christmas holiday.

“Christmas was always a time for being with family and friends – and being off school and in the snow. In Canada, there’s lots of snow so it was always good fun. My cousins, aunts, uncles and friends would come down,” Bieber recalled in an interview with AOL Music.

“My mom always told me there wasn’t a Santa. This was her logic: she thought if I grew up knowing about Santa then finding out he wasn’t real, that it would be like she was lying to me. And then when she told me about God, I maybe wouldn’t believe her. So she just wanted to be straight-up and honest with me all the time.But I didn’t tell my friends or ruin it for anyone – I was a good kid!”

Asked about his plans for this year’s holiday, the 17-year-old answered: “Just relaxing and being with my family. That’s the thing I’m most excited about. To be honest, I really don’t have any Christmas wishes this year… I just wish to be happy and that everyone be healthy in my family. And I wish that everybody gets to hear my Christmas album – and hopefully like it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Templates