Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Joe Jonas Covers Paper Magazine


Joe Jonas; Paper Magazine interview at his Melrose Avenue apartment. On Nate Danja Hills producing for him: 'I was surprised he reached out to me. There is such a gap between what I do and what the Jonas Brothers are. But that's the excitement, it left us an opportunity to create something new.
They have all grown up with Joe, so they'll be able to understand where he's coming from. Really, he's a star no matter what he does. If I give him something people can move to on top of his natural charisma it's like dynamite & gasoline.'
Joe, 'I don't mean to name-drop, but about a year-and-a-half ago I met Bono, and he told me to write music that was really honest, to not be afraid to go there.' Nick, 'As Joe has grown as a man, it's been really interesting to see how that's influenced his sound. And now he's landed in a real sweet spot. When we all heard the music, right away it was like, 'This is where you need to be.''
On Justin Timberlake: 'He's absolutely an inspiration. I look up to him so much. He pretty much created his own lane.' Joe also admitted how relieved he is to finally not have roommates: 'My brothers & I, we're like each other's best friends, and I think it's that foundation that makes me feel like I can really do this on my own for a second.'







No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Templates