Monday, August 22, 2011

Joe Jonas: Bliss Magazine Interview

  

Loving the new album Joe! We reckon it’s very Justin Timberlake.
That’s a great compliment! It’s an honour being compared to him.

What was it like to record?
It took us about a year to find the right producers to record this album. I’ve always been into European pop, dance and DJs, so there’s some stuff on there that’s a little bit different. I met some producers who were doing some really cool stuff and I was really excited about working with them. We stayed in the studio for months, and I’m really proud of the result.



Love and relationships come up a lot in your music. A song writer, do you draw on your experiences of going out with famous girls like Taylor Swift and Ashley Greene?
Absolutely! Every song writer goes through experiences that make them the person they are, and I wouldn’t be writing this music if I hadn’t had certain experiences myself. I feel like I take something from every kind of relationship and experience I have had and it really affects me. Both positively and negatively.

Sounds a lot like your ex, Taylor Swift! even though you broke up with her, could you see the two of you collaborating on some music at some point in the future?
I think there’s a great opportunity for that to happen. We’re friendly, we’re not enemies. People like to think that once you’ve dated, that’s it and you can never be friends again. They see it in a very black and white way. But there’s a middle-ground in that situation.


So how do you stay friends with an ex?
Wow! I’d have to say that in order to save a friendship, you need to be yourself. Sadly it’s not always possible, but I was brought up to be a good guy and I hope that shows. These things take time too. You can’t be friends with someone immediately after a break up. It’s not an overnight situation. Everyone needs some time to heal and figure it all out.

not an ex, but are you still in touch with Miley?
I haven’t seen her in a really long time.

You dated Ashley Greene too, who’s constantly surrounded by the hot actors she works with. How do you?
Every guy’s a guy. When I like someone and they like me, I feel pretty good about trusting them, but trust goes both ways. Trust is hard to find and, given what I do, I’m always far away from everyone I date so the trust needs to be strong. Especially when they are in the business, working with people that are high profile too. You need to communicate well, and you’ll be fine.

  

Can you tell when other people are singing about fake experiences, and when they’re singing about real love and break ups?
Definitely. But even if you’re singing a song that you haven’t written, you can relate the meaning to something you really feel. I’ve done some songs that I haven’t written and they remind me of where I was at a certain time. It’s really nice to use music as a journal.

Your big bro, Kevin, has been married for a little while now. Is it weird to think of him all grown up?
(Laughs) yeah, he’s pretty much an adult now! It’s funny to see them both married. I’ve known them both for so long. I love Danielle, she’s a sweetheart and i’m really happy for them. It’s cool seeing them get their house together.


Have they got an amazing place where everything matches?
You know what, I haven’t seen it yet, they’ve just been putting it together in New York. I’ll be there soon, so I’ll see them there than and I’m looking forward to checking it out! Kevin is such a geek for electronic stuff – his whole house is controlled by an iPad.

Amazing!
Yeah! He’ll be away in LA and Danielle will be at home and he can put on music for her to listen to through his iPad. It’s bizarre. Once they were having an argument on the phone, so to make her laugh he played heavy metal music in the house!

When you’re with them as a couple, can you feel the love?
I do. I first met her I didn’t know what to expect. When he mentioned her, I thought she might be the girl for him just from the way he talked about her, but it was a quick turnaround for them. It all happened so fast.

People feel ready for commitment at different times. Do you feel pressure to find ‘the one’?
I’m happy to wait and see. Eventually, when I’m ready, I want to think about it but right now I’m focusing on music.

What are the best and worst pieces of dating advice you’ve ever been given by your brothers?
Nick is all about taking the first dates really easy and just watching a movie. I think it’s better to go that way, and save the big stuff for a big occasion. Kevin is the romantic, he’ll make a date epic, which doesn’t always work out! It’s best to treat the girl with respect and just be really nice. I love to cook.


That’s the best way to a girl’s heart- through her stomach what would you cook?
Whatever the lady would like! I try to challenge myself to be able to cook anything. Italian food is my favourite, so I love making pasta.

When you first start dating a girl, are you pretty good at reading her straight away?
I like to think I am pretty quick. You can never fully figure someone out, but I can usually tell whether they’re enjoying being in my company or listening to my music. You can always tell when someone is properly smiling with their eyes.


i didn't know what else to bold, trolol

  
  


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Templates